The “Swinfen Harris Church Hall”, is the former Parish Hall in Stony Stratford. It was acquired by the Greek Orthodox Community of Milton Keynes (which also owns the Church next door) in August 2010. The Hall underwent extensive restoration for the past few months.
The Hall serves many purposes and it is used by the Greek Community, Church and Greek School, to assist the charities of the Community (a registered charity).
Additionally, the Hall is available for hire by individuals or groups and can accommodate various functions, both indoors and outdoors.
The Hall was built in 1892 by the famous local architect Swinfen Harris. It is a beautiful listed building that is located on London Road in Stony Stratford. The restoration included roof and wall repairs, decorating, floor repairs, complete re-installation of the ageing electrical system, installation of fire detection/protection equipment and heating repairs/upgrading. Additionally the kitchen has been completely refurbished and is available to use. The landscaping of the rear garden has just been completed and the smaller back room and bar area is also available for hire now! . The massive restoration project allows the Swinfen Harris Church Hall to be used by both the Greek Community and individuals or groups.
The Hall is surrounded by extensive grounds. At the front, there is a large garden that can be used for various functions. The rear garden is quite large (part paved part lawn) with ample paved access from the side of the Hall.